Corrosion Test Service
ScienceTomorrow offers corrosion tests per ASTM, NACE or customers’ specifications. Corrosion tests methods are weight loss, pitting, fatigue, stress cracking, sulfide stress cracking, hydrogen induced cracking, and inter-granular attacks such as:
- Corrosion test (ASTM G35, ASTM A761, and ASTM G48).
- Inter granular Corrosion Test (IGC) (ASTM A-262):
- Practice A -Oxalic Acid Etch);
- Practice B -- Ferric Sulfate and Sulfuric Acid also known as Streicher Test;
- Practice C--Nitric Acid, Huey Test; Practice E--Copper - Copper Sulfate - 16% sulfuric acid or Strauss Test; and Practice F--Copper - Copper Sulfate -50% sulfuric acid.
- Hydrogen-Induced Cracking Test (NACE TM 0284)
- Sulfide Stress Corrosion Cracking Test (SSCC) (NACE TM 0177)
- Chloride Stress Corrosion Test (ASTM G36)
- Salt Spray, ASTM B117
- Stainless steel corrosion test (ASTM G 35)
ScienceTomorrow serves oil and gas, marine, automotive, water treatment and commercial ship industries.
ScienceTomorrow reliability engineering services and accelerated life test to bring products to market. It offers thermally accelerated life testing, shock, vibration, drop and pyroshock testing to uncover design defects or weaknesses. Following tools are employed to accelerate corrosion test, characterize paint/ coating, determine failure and degradation mechanisms in accelerated life tests and in field:
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) for internal/ assembly damage using scanning acoustic tomography (sat), ultrasonic test, stereoscopic microscope, and optical microscopy.
- Radiography and x-ray CT scan for defects, voids and degradation within mold.
- External Visual Inspection and Photography for voids, pinholes, cracks, mechanical damage, contamination, foreign particles, discoloration, corrosion, and metal migration.
- Microscopy using environmental scanning electron microscope (E-SEM) for break surfaces, discoloration, migration of non-conducting surfaces.
- Chemical analysis using energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), atomic absorption spectrometry, scanning Auger microscope, and electron probe micro analysis (EPMA).
- Electrical characterization, micro-probing, ESD, latch-up testing,
- Accelerated life testing
- Arrhenius, Eyring, Inverse Power Law, Temperature-Humidity, or Temperature Non-thermal Model to estimate life under probabilistic TRUE service conditions to reduce cost
ScienceTomorrow offers thermal testing as per following ASTM standards and equivalent:
C351, C372, C518, C531, C539, C714, C824, C832, C1113, D696, D2717, D5334, D5930 and E228.